Render-in-place not working the same between project

Hello,
I record audio onto a mono track which has stereo outputs. In one project, render-in-place converts it to a stereo track. In another project, render-in-place doesn’t . It just renders another mono .
I need to convert a mono to stereo, but render-in-place doesn’t work. Is there any reason for that ?
Q

That’s likely because in that project, you have a mono track with mono output. In that case, if you set Render in Place to “Dry” or “Channel Settings”, it will output a mono file.

The track must have stereo outputs for Render in Place to output a stereo file in that case,

Some additional clarification. In Cubase you can place Mono content, like Audio, onto a Stereo Track without issue. Many folks here, myself included, only use Stereo Tracks for both Stereo & Mono content so we never have to spend time managing mono vs. stereo issues.

1 Like

Hi,
I confirm that audio track was added with mono input and stereo output, but render in place only puts out mono track. Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance !
Q

Hello,
I also try convert track in the pool window. Convert it to multichannel from mono. It still didn’t do it.
Q

Hi,
I found out that I need to bounce audio tracks prior to render it to make them stereo.
Q