Render in place start and end points!

Hi,
Is it possible to set up start and end points for the rendered area? That’s by using the locators and not by where the audio event starts?

Please see attached image. I would like to render in place the two purple events and create a new audio event that starts and ends where the locators are and not when the audio starts, for the simple reason of making it easy to duplicate later as an event which is an exact bar.
So far it seems as if you can only do this with ‘Audio Mixdown’.
Anyone?

yes, i think you (we) can only made this by the Audio-Mixdown-Export, but maybe this is new clue for you, i don´t know: you can back-assign the renderd/exported file to a seperate track on the same point as you have renderd it, just on another track, which is than the deepest one at the track-list( but you can change this afterward). this way is a little bit annoying, but the fastest way in the relation to don´t be able to do that. so you got already 3-4 seconds since you renderd this file, and it´s back to the project.?!

Thanks Raz,
Seems very tedious to go through the mixdown menu just to do this simple task.
Do you guys agree we should have had a tick box in the render setup to have the option of rendering between locators?

yes, i agree fully. would be a gift for any user.

I have now read you can do this with marking the desired area with the range location tool and then ‘render in place’ will render the selected area.
This is still not the best solution as it’s a very tedious group of actions I need to perform which takes away from the fast workflow for which render in place is intended for.
I added a feature request asking for a an option to ‘render between locators’ in the render menu. Go support!

If your objective is simply to “combine” the 2 independent waveforms and extend the the new singular waveform’s start and end times, you can always use the RANGE feature and then BOUNCE.

Cubase will then prompt to replace the original files with a new single waveform.

How about:

1. Double click in the range (not on the events in the range) and that would create an empty audio part
  2. Right click the audio part and select MoveTo->Back, which makes the part go behind the others
  3. Rubber band select all the events in the range
  4. Right click then to RIP

With a shortcut key for MoveToBack and maybe even one for RIP With Current Settings this could become quite fast to do.

Mike.

1 Like

Nice one keyzs & GargoyleStudio
Both legitimate workarounds thanks!