(Render in Place) to work on Group tracks and FX tracks

Hello,
I often wish if there is a quick way to render in place the signals coming from Group Tracks (or also FX Tracks) without the need to manually rendering and re-importing these parts.

How it works:

• Maybe we can use the Range Selection tool to select the area we want to render, and after rendering, we will have the part in a new audio track.
  • We can apply this on Group Channels, Folders, FX, and even Stereo Out.

Why we need it?

• It saves time by quickly bouncing parts without manually rendering and re-importing.
  • When rendering FX channels, this will provide flexibility, resource optimization, and creative potentials.

I hope this is useful.

14 Likes

Gave a like because I’m out of votes. I’m sure I have some uses for it.

2 Likes

Hi,

Just wondering… Why the Export Audio Mixdown doesn’t work for you here, please?

It works fine, of course it does. It’s just that render in place works faster (one key press if settings have been made beforehand), without having to go through the export panel and change names, select buses etc…

2 Likes

Because:
The short answer:
Simply, Render in Place is much faster and intuitive than Export Audiomix down, with fewer clicks, and you are done.

Detailed answer:
When we use (Export Audio Mixdown) we are in the mindset of exporting a finished mix or final stems outside Cubase and the project folder.
unlike the Render in Place, it’s for (Work In Progress!!) we use it to quickly render parts to use inside our Cubase session, we can quickly render things as blocks and or separate events, we use it when our minds are focused on production mode, we are not exporting outside Cubase here, and we don’t need to render out lots of files outside of the project directory (or worrying about setting a location to export these temp files), the accumulation of these files will clutter our hard drives with WIP stems.

Not to mention the Render in Place has useful settings like ( rendering dry signal and transfer channel settings, properties of tail …etc)

And what I’m suggesting here is as a feature request, I’m not looking for a walk around because that’s what I already do every day, I use the Export Audio Mixdown for this stuff but it’s boring and mentally consuming, that’s why we are suggesting features, to optimize workflow without the need to worry about these boring walkarounds.

11 Likes

+100000 this!
quite shocking that this is not an option…

2 Likes

I think its pretty obvious why,
Export Audio Mixdown and render in place are TOTALLY different things…

1 Like

Well, simply route the Group to a dummy track, create a Part with Alt+Click and adjust it so it fits your project duration, then every time you need to render the Group, just enable monitor on the track and use Render in Place. Don’t forget to disable monitor after rendering.

I’m quite sure this can be achieved with the help of Macros and PLE, I mean, just select the empty Part manually, hit the macro, and it does the “enable monitor + render + disable monitor” automatically.

But since I am on @Aulicon ignored list he’ll probably never read this, that’s too bad.

Group RIP

16 Likes

Smart solution! I had no idea you could RIP a signal going in to an audio channel. So I guess you have to set RIP to Complete Signal Path?

2 Likes

Yes I’ve forgot to mention it, I think both Channel Settings and Complete Signal Path work.

3 Likes

Works like a dream. Well done for working that one out, or for conveying the info. Either way, REVELATION.

3 Likes

Hello,

Just needed this information and found this.

Use the mixdown menu, and on the “after Export” you put this to create a new track. and then you have done a mixdown and gotten a new track with the group audio or Fx audio.