Render In Place vs Freezing

What is the advantage or ways to use the new Rendering In Place vs using the Freeze Track option? I’m really curious. Freezing to me is much easier and cleaner because it doesn’t create a new separate track. I know there has to be some sort of advantage so that’s why I thought I’d hit up the forum and see how you guys are using it.

Ability to edit after you render.
Possibility to render multiple tracks in one go.
Ability to render a single event or any selected multiple events only.

It’s always my mission to get my “takes” in VSTi finalised, so I can bounce them and unload them.

RIP offers much more flexibility when bouncing and can retain inserts and other goodies from the original.

It also doesn’t drop the bounce all the way down at the bottom, or in some random spot (thank H!)

Hi guys,

be careful about editing the parts you rendered with Render In Place.
I did that yesterday since my VSTi had brass swells of only 4 beat length (which I stretched to 8 beats). The impact was that suddenly the disk usage indicator (open with F12 ASIO performance) went up step by step to 100% and then I was getting audio drop outs on these and most of the other audio tracks …

Even after I rendered the bounced and stretched parts in to standard WAV (with no more stretch) the effect was still there.

I remember having had the same issue some years ago when I rendered tracks with freeze and dropped the frozen audio part in to a project and did some edit on that. Besides that, I was then no longer able to unfreeze.

Render In Place seems to have a similar problem although it shouldn’t.

I deleted the rendered tracks and un-muted the midi parts and everything was back to normal.

So I still have to do this stretching of audio clips by export and import to track and do it the old fashioned way - which takes more time but works.

Take care

Zibin

Resampling!

You can, for example, create a drumkit in Retrologue, render the parts out and drag it into Groove Agent.