Render in place : waveform display issue... (SOLVED)

Hi, all

Not a biggie, but well, I was wondering… For test purposes, I made a render in place of a MIDI part contained in an instrument track. The render went without problem, following the render settings, with the creation of an audio track containing a 32 bits audio event. Audition of it is perfect. So, all is well, excepting the fact that the audio event is displayed as blank… :confused: I must add that double-clicking on this event shows the resulting rendered waveform in the audio editor.

So, Is this normal, and if not, where is the setting that would allow the waveform display in the arrangement, as for any other audio track ?

Thanks for any enlightment…

I can confirm this

Thanks. I made another attempt, since : I didn’t see it previously but, during just one second, there was an “Image under construction” message displayed in the audio event background. At the end, still no waveform : it remains as blank…

Sorry, I thought I had posted in the Nuendo forums but yeah, it happens in Nuendo too. In my case it is worse because it’s actually an empty event, no audio at all.

After having looked at all this again, I have changed the thread title, as there IS actually a waveform. The problem is that is overly zoomed to an useless point, making it invisible.

For a recorded MIDI part, I get what is shown in the first image below, just after doing a Render in place with the complete signal path (32 bits float wave file; I also tried with 24 bits instead and got exactly the same display results). The event volume handle is at 0 dB and the actual waveforms are shown in the audio editor and matches what I am hearing when playing back the rendered audio event.

To get a more or less realistic waveforms display in the audio event which appears in the project window, I have to pull down the event volume handle to something like -40 dB (see the image below). And, of course, the audio event becomes almost inaudible…

So, unless I am missing a more or less hidden setting, my question is : how comes that, just after a rendering, the resulting audio waveform is so outrageously zoomed ? :confused:

EDIT : just tested an Export audio mixdown on this test project (with a resulting 44.1 kHz, 16 bits wave file added to it) : exactly the same display issue…

There are some times like this one when I’m feeling rather limited… :neutral_face:

Forgot completely the waveform zooming fader, just below the track list divider, which, for a reason, was at its maximal value instead of the minimal one. And, as I never used it, I didn’t thought of it until, after having patiently looked at all the available preferences options, I looked more closely at the project window…

So, issue solved in the best way : sorry for the pointless thread… :blush: