Rendering with Track Delay

I usually have the Track Delay set to a minus value with many VST instuments like strings for example. Because the strings attack is very slow usually so you have to adjust them to tempo.

So when I render a track with Track Delay, the first note is cut from the audio track.

When rendering, why can´t the render bypass the Track Delay in the MIDI track and then set the same Track Delay amount for the rendered audio track?

Seems no brainer to me.

+1

You should put this into “Issues” section maybe…

+1 - very good idea.

Why is the first note “cut” from the audio track? Are you putting the left locator directly on the edge of the part instead of giving it some pre-roll?

If the first note starts from bar five and the MIDI clip starts exactly from bar five and the Track Delay lets say is 100ms, if I render it, the audio track starts from bar five and the first not is cut.

Would be nicer if the render would bypass the MIDI Track Delay when rendering and then set the same Track Delay for the rendered audio track automatically. The same way the render bypasses the volume fader for example. If the VSTi volume fader is -6db and I render it, the render will render it “Dry” with the volume fader at 0db and then set automatically the audio track volume fader to -6db. Why not have this as well with Track Delay? I guess Steinberg just forgot the Track Delay from the render options.

Of course I could widen the MIDI clip to start from bar four for example, then the first not would not be cut, but I like things tidy. I´m OCD in that way. I want things to start where they start and have my projects tidy.

I guess Steinberg just forgot the Track Delay from the render options.

Me, too. :wink: