Repeat bar regions

Is there any way to have bar repeat sections show in parts but NOT in the score?

They are a tremendous help to a player, but the opposite for a conductor. A classic example is if the conductor turns a page, glances down at a particular part, and only sees the repeat bar region without having any idea what is being repeated, because the actual material is on the previous page.

Thanks as always.

2 Likes

You can use custom scaling… scale down the repeat bar signs in the score, and the notes and rests in the part(s)… that worked for me a while ago, there may be other ways (haven’t checked…:slight_smile:)

Thanks, fv. I guess I can do that, but it’s obviously not as elegant as the rest of Dorico. And I’m always just a little uneasy about using scaling for stuff like that — I’m not confident that if I open the file two or three years from now it will still be as intended.

The only other way, right now, is to have two completely separate sets of players: one for the parts and another for the score. Obviously this is less than ideal.

Yes, but it’s probably a lot faster than fratveno’s custom scaling idea. I tried that on one 40-bar mvt for four instruments (shrinking the notes in the parts and the region in the score), and it took too long to be practical, though I appreciated the suggestion.

I’ll give that a try.

This would be an awesome feature to have for both bar repeat regions and slash regions.

2 Likes

Adding my vote to this. Within certain styles, this is a very common need, and also can have a huge positive impact on pagination in parts with lots of repeated notes.

2 Likes

This is why I asked for the *rhythmic compression * some time ago :wink:
Rhythmic compression

I am in the same case and wish: bar repeat region in part but all notes in full score. I do this

but now I have the instruments with a number plus 1 taht give for example in the score : Guitar 1, guitar 2 and Guitar 4( all the notes)
Can I change the number of the instrument in his tittle ?

a picture is clearer
As said we often have to duplicate a player to have different versions, but how to change the player numbers here I would like Fl + Uku 1 + Uku 2
and when we duplicate we then have Fl +Uku 1 +Uku 3 or Fl + Uku 2 + Uku 3
(duplication add new numbers)
flu+ukuI+ukuII

You could put the duplicate players into separate player groups, which will prevent their numbers from being duplicated.

Thanks,

I suppose you speak about this:
group or" add section player" or Player groups?
I tried all during two hours without any success!

it is true that I use this program to do a lot of educational projects which often require the same idea to be able to present the scores in different ways depending on the level of the students.
I think that the method of duplicating the projects in several different files is nevertheless the simplest or exporting in pdf graphics and correcting what interferes in vector programs is still what goes the fastest.

Thank you for taking the time to try’ to light up an old lantern

Very much agree that the ability to have bar repeats in the parts, but not the score would be super helpful.

1 Like