Repeatable and consistent midi latency

Hi,
I am using an Arturia Keystep 37 to record midi into Cubasis 3.4. There is a repeatable and consistent latency no matter what project or audio settings are used. It is most noticeable when using the Keystep’s arp or sequencer synced to Cubasis’ clock. It is always pretty much the exact same amount of latency no matter what I do. It is not the Keystep, as I have tried recording arps and sequences into GarageBand synced to Garageband’s clock and all the notes fall exactly on the grid where they are supposed to. I have attached a picture to show how the notes are falling, every time, no matter what cubasis settings / keystep arp rate / project tempo are used. Could someone please explain why this might be happening and what to do about it? Thanks!

In the example above the midi notes are falling about 1/32 behind. It’s noticeable when just listening to the arp running along with the metronome or drum track in cubasis as well as when the notes are recorded into a midi track, in which case it’s also clearly visible when looking at the piano roll. It’s always about this amount. As I said above, this doesn’t happen when doing the exact same tests in GarageBand. As any latency-related setting changes don’t seem to make even a slight bit of difference, I’m wondering if it could actually the Cubasis clock being off by a small but consistent amount (1/32 in this case), rather than a latency issue? I would really appreciate anyone’s thoughts on what’s happening here.
Thank you.

Hi @Ian_Harris,

Thank you for your message, which I’ve shared with the team and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum.

If possible, please share a short clip which shows the steps leading to the issue.

Best wishes,
Lars

I have exactly the same problem. Please point me at the solution.

Hi @Peter_Clark

Please note that you’ve replied to a topic from Feb 2022.
If you encounter a problem, please create a new topic.

Best,
Lars