Repeats are not playing

Hey,
I’m not sure what I did, but repeat signs are being ignored in my project when in playback. How do I fix this?
Thanks,

Playback options>Repeats, make sure Play repeats is ticked.

Thanks. I wonder how it got unticked in the first place.

It will have become unchecked because you have a faulty repeat structure in your project. Make sure that you have matched your start and end repeat barlines, especially if you have e.g. a set of repeat endings, make sure that it’s obvious where it should repeat back to.

1 Like

Thanks for helpful advice, however I can find no play repeat tick/untick button in dorico 4

If you’re using Dorico Pro, you’ll find it on the Repeats page of Library > Playback Options. If you’re using Dorico Elements or Dorico SE, this dialog is not available. You can attach your project here if you wish, and we can fix this up for you.

Repeats are not working with version 4.3.3. Pieces with repeated sections are being diagnosed as “invalid repeat structure.” This was not a problem in earlier versions. I’m sure someone will chime in with “It’s not a bug, it’s a feature!”

@bobsabin
Please show us a Dorico document where this is not working properly.

2 Likes

There hasn’t been any change in what repeat structures Dorico handles in recent versions, but there have been some improvements in terms of how Dorico reports problems to you. As @Derrek says, if you’d like some assistance with a specific repeat structure that’s giving you bother, please attach it here.