Repeats repeating from the beginning

I have a piece I’ve copied out for 14 saxophones in the middle of which are two sets of 8 bar repeats. Section H repeats then section I repeats. I’m finding that after section H repeats instead of proceeding to section I, it goes back to the beginning of the piece. If I start the playback at the beginning of section I, it repeats, but instead of carrying on to the rest of the piece, it also returns to the beginning. I have no da capos or anything other than a basic bar repeat, but I cannot work out what gone awry.

Any help, gratefully received. I’ve attached the piece.

Peter
Walking With Mandy.dorico.zip (1.3 MB)

Enable Playback Options > Repeats > Play repeats, and see if that makes a difference.

I don’t know the answer, but if I try to delete your repeat barlines, I am left with a lonely Alto Sax 2 repeat at letter J…

1 Like

Thank you Janus - that is exactly the problem I couldn’t find. That’s now working as expected. Thanks again.

Peter

1 Like

My follow up would be: How did you manage to create this in the first place? (just curious)

My guess is, the project initially started as a music.xml import.

Your guys is dead right k_b. I usually use Smartscore to scan in a score, do a little bit of tidying up then export as XML and read it into Dorico. However this time round I scanned the score into Newzik then exported XML and the results were not great. I spend much longer than usual fixing errors such as lost notes, missing bars and errant key changes. Obviously, there was also a hidden repeat that was causing problems as well.

Thanks for you help

Peter