Reproducible crash while saving and with auto-save

I have been having major crashing issues for the past 6 months and I think I’ve narrowed it down to cubase trying to save a session while playing back audio or working with midi.

If I have auto save on, cubase crashes while trying to make the backup file. The file backup file does not complete the backup and is about half the size of the original session. The corrupt backup file won’t open when relaunching cubase.

If I turn off auto save and use the key-command File-Save cubase sometimes crashes in the middle of saving as well.

I’ve been crashing 5-10 times a day.

Has anyone else had this issue out there? Is there a preference that’s causing the issue? Is it possibly a plugin crash?

Reproducible Crash test:

1. Make sure the transport panel is not open

2. Playback long enough for Auto Save to be on standby, waiting the user to stop playback.

3. Hit stop and/or directly use the Go To function “.” type measure number and hit enter while Cubase is saving.

4. Crash

Alternatively:

1. Make sure the transport panel is not open

2. Hit Save

3. Use the Go To function “.” type measure number and hit enter while Cubase is saving.

4. Crash

Please test it yourself and post your results (crash reports and sessions) to this forum post. The more of us that report the issue the more likely we can get it resolved.

Mac Pro 6,1 - 2.7GHz 12 core, 64GB RAM
Yosemite 10.10.5

Plugins:
VEP PRO 5
Kontakt 5.5
Zebra 2
Diva
UAD - Moog filter, 1176 Rev A, 610-B
Waves H-Delay, REQ
Fabfilter - Q2, -L Limiter
Slate digital - Tape