[req] Play Tool on collapsed lanes too, please!

I make great use of turning the Select Tool into Play simply by holding down Ctrl. In fact, I wish more tools behaved like this. But this is not the point of the post.

On a track with lanes, the Ctrl-Select to Play only works when you’ve opened up the lanes and searched out the event. Any chance it could be made to work on collapsed lanes too, please?

Thank you,
Crotchety

PS: I’ve looked in the Prefs but the list of modifiers seems to not include this option. Would love to hear that I need new glasses…

Bump. As in my head repeatedly on the desk.

A recent post (Using Lanes for first time - what a mess! - Cubase - Steinberg Forums) reported that Lanes are being monitored and details requested so here goes.

The specific situation is multi-take, multi-tracked BVs. With lanes on, basic editing (including Click to activate part, using Ctrl-Select to Play) works well and I breeze through the job.

I use Ctrl-Select to Play a lot but when the lanes are closed and I’m just reviewing the layers at project level, I can’t dip in to review, say, the mid-BV, without opening the lanes, finding the part…

There are a lot of lanes in this job but I’m not in a position to delete overlaps and reduce them to one yet, so finding this a considerable nuisance.

C

6.0.2-64 on Win7-64