[Request] Cubase 7 signal flow

Hi,

Can I please Steinberg put here a diagram of Cubase 7 signal flow ? In manual I found basic signal flow, but whidout Channel Strip.

Thanks !

Aloha s,
This was posted in December of last year but I believe things are
pretty much still the same.

find original thread here:
Audio routing path in C7 is different than C6. - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

OK here goes:
According to Matt Hepworth
‘Moving Forward with Cubase 7’

C6
Signal (audio or vsti)
arrives at ‘Channel Input’
then goes to:
‘Inserts’ 1-6
then goes to:
the ‘E.Q.’ section
then goes to:
‘Sends’ where it is ‘taped off’ but dry signal continues to:
‘Fader’
then goes to:
‘Inserts’ 7-8
then goes to:
Output

C7
Signal (audio or vsti)
arrives at ‘Routing’
then goes to:
‘Pre’ Section
then goes to:
‘Inserts’ 1-6
then goes to:
the ‘E.Q.’ section
then goes to:
the ‘Strip’
then goes to:
‘Sends’ where it is ‘taped off’ but dry signal continues to:
‘Fader’
then goes to:
Inserts 7-8
then goes to:
Output

One thing I noticed is that with C7 Inserts 7-8
don’t seem to have a colour marking like in C6
to show there is a Pre/Post difference.

HTH
(hope this helps)
{‘-’}

The strip can be switched between pre- and post inserts 1-6.
And obviously the EQ section can be switched within the strip, so any strip processor can be pre- or post EQ
Apart from that the signal flow is the same as in C6, with HC / LC coming directly after gain.

Thank you !

This will help me very mutch. Also I prefer graphic diagram. Maybe Steinberg do it and include to the Cubase 7 manual. I hope.

I’d like to print it and look at when I forgot what is order of processors in MC.

You have a thin blue line at the mixer to separate pre and post fader inserts, however, there’s no indication of pre/post inserts when using the channel inspector…so you gotta use the mixer to have that information.

Cheers,

These diagrams were included in previous manuals (these can still be downloaded and will still give an overall picture you can simply add a couple of notes specific to C7).
The newest version of the Manual (C7) has seen fit to omit these useful illustrations for some reason - generally the new manual is less informative and in tone much more MOF (Matter of Fact) and drier than previous editions.
It is my hope that they have not devoted many resources to the documentation because it is still under development, and that when all major facets of the software (i.e. Project and other remaining windows) have been revamped, a more complete, and useful manual will be issued.
Failing that I hope that some third party will offer a decent ersatz.

Reviving an old thread: but where is panning? I ask because in the Global Metering one option is ‘post-panning.’

Thanks.

And yes, that graphic diagram would still be great.