Request: Edit multiple flows simultaneously

This is a very specific example, but a player has asked for me to not use any 8va lines. Ideally I could select all music in all flows in their part, filter octave lines, and delete. Currently I have to do this on a per flow basis.

AFAIK there’s no way to select beyond the boundaries of a flow. Using select all selects… the flow you’re working on. So I assume that what you are trying to do is not possible yet.

We’re not likely to make it possible to edit the music in multiple flows at the same time in the near future, for what it’s worth.

I think I’ve asked before, but it would be useful to select over multiple flows. I’ve been caught out a couple of times when select-all hasn’t…

My response applies to selecting as well. We’re unlikely to make it possible to select or edit the music in multiple flows at the same time in the near future.

The use case is copying something like French horn to Tenor horn to give an alternate part. When this is over many flows it takes a long time, rather than the seconds it would take if you really could select-all.

Pardon me for being dense, but wouldn’t it make more sense to just duplicate the player, then change the instrument (and layout name)? That takes a matter of seconds.

At the moment, duplicating the player doesn’t also duplicate the music belonging to the instruments held by that player, but that is something we definitely plan to add. We likewise also intend to make it possible to produce a part layout with an alternative transposition more easily in future, too.

D’oh! Of course it doesn’t. Dense moment here.