request for highlighting feature

Hello,
I’m wondering whether it may be possible to get Dorico to add color highlights to portions of the score? I currently need to export a graphic from Dorico to another program to achieve the effect I want. (See attached file for an example.) Both rectangular and round highlighting options would be useful.
Thanks,
David

There’s no feature for this at the moment, but we may add something similar in the future. You might be able to get some of the way there by superimposing a translucent graphic over the music in a graphic frame you add in Engrave mode.

Thanks. I tried this, but it dulls (discolors) the blackness of the notes and staff. Also, it’s hard to resize the graphic to fit the portion of music I’d like to highlight. My current workaround is sufficient, just time-consuming.
Best,
David

A basic color highlighting feature would be a good idea. E.g. for marking something that you want to reconsider later. Or while practicing a piece on an instrument and you want to make temporary markings on score
UPD: I have created a playing technique (a glyph) for that reason. Although a highlighter tool would be nice
1_