REQUEST: shortcuts for italic, bold when inputting text

Hello!

Tiny thing, but it would be very useful to have the usual key commands for italic and bold when writing text: [cmd + I] for italic and [cmd + B] for bold.

Please let me know if this is already possible, or already discussed! I tried to search for this, but didn’t find anything…

Also, implementing arrows would be highly appreciated!! :slight_smile:

Keep up the great work!

Welcome to the forum, sakasuri. This has indeed been requested before, and is on our wish list for future versions.

Good ideas, already asked for a long while ago… The team knows, and it’s probably on their list!
Edit: Beaten by Daniel himself :sweat_smile:

You can however create a key command that will input text with a predefined paragraph style though, which is a bit of a timesaver. For example, you can create a paragraph style that is just the italic version of your default text font. After clicking the little star to “Save as Default” it now is available to be selected in Key Commands/Note Input/Create Text so you can create a key command to specifically input italic text. You can do the same with other text styles as well. By default, I generally use a slightly larger and bold font for my System Text, so I just re-programmed Shift-Alt-X to select that paragraph style automatically.

I wanted to solve this as well and I found that you can do it now on Dorico 4
Ctrl+B

1 Like