Request: Three handy features

That’s easy enough to sort out: instead of adding just a single glyph to the notehead for the cluster middle, you can add two, and attach the second one to the first Bottom Left to Top Left so they stack correctly. See the attached project.
clusters.dorico.zip (269 KB)

2 Likes

I tried that out earlier today, but then ran into problems when attempting to flip the stem… (seems like a twin glyph ruins the stem settings ?!? no problems with a single glyph… )

Yes, you’re right. It might be necessary to resort to e.g. a manually-positioned vertical note-attached line for some situations at the moment.

I guess it is not possible to hide the stems between the noteheads without hiding the whole stem as shown in @Miguel_Prida picture, isn’t it? https://europe1.discourse-cdn.com/steinberg/original/3X/1/a/1a2e5a4eec841188a4a0d48d4de183120f170f83.png

Yes, that’s correct. You cannot easily hide only part of a stem.

1 Like

In case anyone else is interested, in the end I managed to do it simply with two voices, a lower voice with the cluster procedure described above and hiding the whole stem, and an upper voice with invisible headnote and a stem until the B flat:

1 Like

I came across a score that uses black rectangles to refer to black keys cluster and a white rectangle to white keys cluster on the piano. So, the white and black isn’t referring to the rhythmic value, but to the black/white keys.
When the team finds some time to address the cluster notation, could be possible to add the possibility of taking this into consideration as an override option?

2 Likes