Reset appearance

Is there a way to automatise the “reset appearance” command?

It already has cost me some mistakes in transposing instruments that were copied from other non transposing… I know I should make it into my workflow… but I normally check the score acoustically… and some things then appear wrong in the parts, but were sounding right…

It’s not really clear what you’re reporting. Is the issue that you’ve duplicated an existing layout and then changed the transposition for a different instrument, but then find yourself wanting to reset any overrides in that layout? If so, I would suggest you start not by duplicating an existing layout but simply by creating a new part layout, assigning the appropriate instrument to it, and then applying the transposition override: the new layout will then have none of the overrides of an existing layout to start with.

not really…
I imported an XML file from Sibelius, and the transposing instruments were wrongly displayed but actually sounded right. Resetting Appearance just did the job, but sometimes with other files I forgot to do it, resulting in awkward moments in the rehearsal…

Reset Appearance won’t affect transposition, though…