RESOLVED ! VST3 Plugin Presets

Yes Fredo, that is what happening . When you save your current tweaks, you can see all the factory folders and the presets in it.
But it’s for your eyes only. No further access, can not load them.
Pity really, there are a bunch of cool things in there.

BUT…that is not the whole story ( described in posts above )
It only happens for me in N 7.1.20. ProTools 12.4 ( non HD ) opens them, as does N 6.5.40 :astonished:

I am thinking of a “workaround” just now, need to be tested out…maybe tonight.
That is >> load an insert slot full of ( 8 ) FutzBoxes in N 6.5.40, call up some frequently needed presets , then save a track preset. Next time I want use it in N 7.1.20…open that track preset up…
I guess it should :question: work

Well…What do ya know ? My persistence has finally paid off.
I ran a simple instance test with “save track preset” in N 6.5.4 and rebooted, opened a working project in N 7.1.20 called up a saved track preset, and low and behold all factory ones appeared and working :astonished: :smiley:

I am now breathing easy and quite proud of my incompetent self to resolve this !
FWIW :stuck_out_tongue:

Pouring a Scotch and a Pint of Guinness and a…

Prost!

Still, I think that the involved parties should really fix this, we should not have to go through so much pain just to recall some presets…

This post is quite long, but I did read it and still did not find what the solution ws/is…BUT I had exactly the same problem with Cubase Pro 12.

What did solved it for me immediately after reading what was said here:

1. temporarily move the “C:\Users\{user_name}\Documents\VST3 Presets\McDSP” folder elsewhere, let’s say to your Desktop
  2. Open MediaBay in Nuendo/Cubase: in its LEFT PANE navigate to “User Content > VST3 Presets”: right mouse button click, select RESCAN DISK - it will now rescan that VST3 Plugins directory one-by-one its content (all the VST3 presets folders there) - obviously, at this point there should not be any McDSP VST3 presets folder found
  3. move back that temporarily moved McDSP VST3 presets folder back to “C:\Users\{user_name}\Documents\VST3 Presets”
  4. back in MediaBay window of Nuendo/Cubase (now it should see the McDSP folder back right away in the menu), click right mouse button on “VST3 Presets” and select once again “Rescan Disk”: in my case in Cubase Pro 12 when it come to the actual McDSP VST3 presets folder it stuck there for sever seconds scanning and finding ALL THOSE PREVIOUSLY MISSING/NOT SHOWING UP VST3 McDSP presets, that are now shown as presets for respective McDSP VST3 plugins in my Cubase! :smiley: :wink:

So it all look to me like for some reason sometimes Cubase/Nuendo simply ignore that new VST3 Presets content and the only solution is to MANUALY RECHECK IT via MediaBay - hope this helps for those having this problem still with ANY OTHER VST3 PRESETS NOT SHOWING UP…cheeers.

1 Like