[Resolved] VSTs not uninstalled totally

Hi everyone,

I installed several VST trial versions (Neo soul keys, Triebwerk and Dark Planet) and I uninstalled before they expired but their icons remain in the Intrument Sets window. How can I erase them?

Thanks in advance

Also, when the instrument’s open you may get a warning that say’s it can’t find the files. In that prompt, select, “Remove” to remove the library from Media Bay. If that doesn’t do it, try a Media Bay Rescan.
HTH
J.L.

Thanks for your reply jaslan,

yes, I did it for every user in my OS (Win 7 64 bits), in Standalone and VST modes, in HAlion Sonic 2, Halion 5 and Cubase 7.0.7. Furthermore, I updated the Plugins Information in option Devices of Cubase menu. Definitively, I’m thinking the uninstaller of those VSTs didn’t work fine for me :frowning:

Any other idea?

Finally I solved the problem by renaming the following folders:

• “C:\ Users \ [user_name] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Steinberg \ HALion Sonic_64”
  • “C:\ Users \ [user_name] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Steinberg \ HALion Sonic Standalone_64”
  • “C:\ Users \ [user_name] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Steinberg \ HALion 5_64”
  • “C:\ Users \ [user_name] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Steinberg \ HALion 5 Standalone_64”

after that I ran HS and H5 and let them create new folders.

AppData is a Windows hidden folder perhaps you have to activate “Show hidden files and folders” in “Folder Options”.

Of course, you’ll lose your plugin settings when you run HALion/HALion Sonic. Perhaps you could recover some settings if you move and overwrite some file from renamed folder to new one.

P.S. Steinberg support suggested me rename the folder:

• “C:\ Users \ [user_name] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Steinberg \ Cubase 7_64”

but it didn’t work. It gave me an idea though :wink:

Note that the information in this thread is outdated. Users of Halion 6 and Halion Sonic (SE) 3 should use the Steinberg Library Manager to uninstall libraries.