Retrologue and Pashop can't load

I worked quietly without any worries with cubase 9.5. Just when I made the upgrade to cubase 10, hell arrived; it takes me every time about 20 minutes to start cubase and when it appears it lacks some instruments including Retrologue and Padshop. I tried everything, indexing vst3 on my machine, I installed again, I even installed the full version of cubase 10 but nothing brings Retrologue, padhop and some other virtual instruments back.
I’m out of breath I do not know what to do. Is there anyone who has experienced such a case? How to solve this problem? I often use these two instruments in almost all my projects. My system is IOS iMac witch is running Mojave.
I will appreciate any help; tips from you guys!

Hi,

Please try to update all your plug-ins. Then open Studio > Plug-in manager and double-check if Retrologue and Padshop are blacklisted. If you, try to activate them manually (64-bit VST3 version only).

Hi, Martin,
I tried to do your recommandations but didn’t succeed! I even reinstalled full version but I still miss Retrologue and PadShop. They are not listed in the blacklist. What can I do more???
Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 8.11.41 AM.png

Hi,

Are the plug-ins listed in the Studio > VST Plug-in Manager > VST Instruments? Could you attach a screenshot, please?

Are you owner of Cubase Pro?

Im having the exact same issue.
Updated to Cubase 10 last year, Padshop and retrologue are nowhere to be found and are not in the blacklist either.
Im running Windows 10 and the owner of my Cubase 10

Hi,

Are the plug-ins listed in the Studio > VST Plug-in Manager > VST Instruments? Could you attach a screenshot, please?

Are you owner of Cubase Pro?

Hi there,

yes i am the owner of it. As you can see it is not showing up both in blacklist and in vsts

Any advice on what i should do?

I would do this: on your 2nd screenshot in the post above, click on Steinberg on the right side under the default tab.
If they don’t show there, find the folder where they are and have Cubase scan it.
Mine are in C:Program Files/Steinberg/VST plugins

I can’t think that it is the issue here. Whilst it is true that Cubase Artist and Pro users should have Retrologue and Padshop plugins in that path, they are the VST2 versions. Cubase will preferentially use the VST3 versions, which are always installed in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 . The HALion Sonic SE and Groove Agent SE plugins installed by Cubase are installed in a location that is private to Steinberg applications, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components. You can use the HALion Sonic SE content included in your Cubase product in other VST applications or standalone by installing the free HALion Sonic SE installer.

Those who are missing all of Retrologue, Padshop, the HALion Sonic SE content and the Groove Agent SE content have nothing other than what is included with the Cubase program itself installed. One way this can happen is by installing Cubase using the <1GB upgrade installer downloadable from steinberg.net rather than the 21GB full installer downloaded via Steinberg Download Assistant. Upgrade installers are only for those who already have the full version of the relevant edition of Cubase 10 installed on their computer and want to upgrade to a later minor version (note that Pro and Artist use the same installer - the feature set of Cubase depends on the licence on your USB eLicenser).

If you do not have the full installer, download and install Steinberg Download Assistant and use it to download the full installer. This will download a Zip file. You must unpack everything that is in that Zip file including the whole of the Additional Content folder to one location.

You should run the installer as an Administrator. Some Steinberg installers ask if you want to install for all users or just the current user - if you see such an option, I strongly recommend all users. If you are missing content, I would run the full installer again - you should be able to select components to (re)install.

Note that Retrologue 2 and Padshop are part of Cubase Pro and Artist, but not Cubase Elements. If you want these plugins but only own Cubase Elements, you must do (one of):

If you buy Padshop as part of Absolute or separately then you get Padshop Pro with additional features and the Zero Gravity expansion pack. Nuendo, Cubase Pro and Artist users can buy an inexpensive upgrade to the Padshop Pro plugin only and a more expensive upgrade to Padshop Pro plus the Zero Gravity expansion pack.

Thank you for this, I will give this a go. I cant remember which install file i originally updated from downloaded but I am downloading the 21GB version now and hopefully this will work.

Hi,

One more think: don’t install directly from the ZIP, please. Unzip it first and then install form the unzipped folder.

That’s an important reminder, Martin. I had put it in my instructions above, but it’s so important that I’ve edited the post to put it in bold.

You were right, this solved my issue. Thank you

Yes - I have them there also. Steinberg seems to install everything in muliple locations. What’s actually loaded is the vst3 version though.
So I guess I should have told the OP to locate that, and then re-scan.

Would I cause trouble if I deleted unused copies? I know with Native Instrument stuff, every time I delete the X86 versions and then update the 64 bit stuff, it also re-installs the x86 stuff.

Just checked and Steinberg/vst plug ins has .dll and .srf files, and Common/vst3 has .vst3 and .srf. A bit redundant I would say.

Hi,
As you can see on these screenshots, no retrologue, no padshop.

Unlike others, I use iOS, iMac

Yes, I have been owner of cubase Pro for many years! I attach three screenshots maybe you will find what is going wrong! yesterday I uninstalled cubase 10 and I used the full installation 21 gb. I was hoping to find satisfaction but by launching cubase I was once again disappointed.

Hi,

I have the Padshop.vst3 and Retrologue.vst3 at the exactly same location and they are present in my Cubase.
I don’t have Groove Agent there, because I don’t own it.

Could you add a screenshot of the VST Plug-in Manager > Blacklist window, please?