Reverb Reverence: No Presets available in Dorico... in Cubase they are shown correctly!

Hello Community,

what Path/Files in which Folder does Dorico need to show the Presets of Reverence as Cubase does?

Thxs a lot, best,
Roman

If I’m not mistaken, then I think they should be in the file FCP_SMT_012_Dorico.vstsound which is to be found in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico3\VSTAudioEngine\VST Sound\ or /Applications/Dorico 3/Contents/Applications/VSTAudioEngine3/Contents/VST Sound. Do you have that file around?

Yes, the File “FCP_SMT_012_Dorico.vstsound” is in the Folder "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico3\VSTAudioEngine\VST Sound"
What now?

Double click on it where upon the Steinberg Library Manager will start automatically. A little dialog box appears where you are asked to register that file. Tick ‘Default Location’ and click OK and start Dorico. Did that do the trick?

No.
Message: “No action was performed! The corresponding VST Sounds are already registered.”

You are trying to attach your entire set of Cubase “room definitions” to the Dorico Reverence player, am I correct?

Ulf, do all the Cubase/Dorico Reverence config files have a common pattern one could look for?
Can the Cubase “room definitions” be attached to the Dorico Reverence player?

Dudo,

To (probably) answer my own question to Ulf, it appears the options in my Dorico Reverence “rooms” is the same as those in my Cubase Reverence Player, so I am guessing they were automatically loaded.

Hi Derrek,

yes, it should be that way, but it isn’t.
In Cubase the Presets of Reverence are shown,
in Dorico the Browse-window is empty.

Try quitting Dorico and trashing the VST audio engine data folder. On Mac, it’s /Users/your-username/Library/Preferences/VSTAudioEngine3. On Windows, it’s %APPDATA%\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine3_64. Delete that folder, first taking a backup of your vst2whitelist.txt file from inside it, then restart Dorico.

Hi Daniel,

thxs a lot.
Yes, that did the trick.

By the way: What about my other Post regarding the crescendo-Problem you asked me a question and I sent you a video about the issue a few days ago?

Thxs, best,
Roman

Sorry, late to this thread, but I think the basic cause of the problem was that the MediaBay database needed to be regenerated, which is forced by removing that audio engine data directory.

Maybe that’s a general trick: If something doesn’t work in Dorico as it should: delete the folder… :smiley:

Actually, yes, deleting that folder can cure quite a few problems because it removes some caches and forces things to initialise again. We hope to make it a bit easier to do this in the future too.