Revoice Pro Wins Pitch Correction Software Comparison

I thought you guys might be interested to know that in a recent Pro Tools Expert poll comparing pitch correction software, listeners chose Revoice Pro’s output as the most preferred.

See the details of the poll here: Pitch Correction Plug-in Blind Shootout - The Results - Take A Listen Ands See If You Agree | Pro Tools - The leading website for Pro Tools users

Listeners chose between four vocal recordings: the tuned outputs from Revoice Pro and two other leading pitch correction applications, plus the original recording.

See how Revoice Pro works with Cubase and Nuendo here: Using Revoice Pro with Cubase/Nuendo - Videos - Synchro Arts

What does everyone use at the moment? VariAudio within Cubase or something else?

Edited , cuz… Edited… Lol:p

:laughing: oh my! There really isn’t that much spam from him.

I use variaudio.

As far as the results go, I feel it is largely dependent of the operator. But, congrats on the honor of the shootout. I didn’t get a chance to listen or vote on that poll. It’s gotta feel good though being a developer and seeing something you coded do well.

I use Melodyne 4 Studio

The time savings with the audio alignment/time stretch function of RVP is absolutely astounding, I can’t imagine having to give it up after using it for a year or two.

The new version (3.2) is out, and I can’t wait to give it a go. TBH, the doubling feature of RVP in earlier versions was something I found difficult to get good results from. The “What’s New” for version 3.2 says, “Improved Doubling Feature”. Can’t wait to see how much improved it is in my hands.

Also, for people who work with non-fixed tempo projects - 3.2 reportedly fixes a bug in 3.1, which was the first version that allowed easy time-stretching in non-fixed tempo projects. Can’t wait to confirm that on my system either.

A few months ago I did some quick comparisons of VariAudio, RevoicePro (3.1 I think), and an old digital time stretcher, VoiceOne by TC Helicon. I found that at times RevoicePro did a better job than VariAudio, and at other times vice versa (VoiceOne didn’t hold its own at all).

I think that a neat benefit of having two pitch/time stretch programs is that the artifacts are different. So if one harmony gets stretched/pitched with one program. and another gets processed with the other, it’s easier to avoid that weird artifact one gets when using one program only (noticeable on one note, more so on a two-note harmony, make it a three-note harmony and the artifact can become overpowering).

My two cents!

EXCELLENT point!

I’ve seen and heard some very nice things about revoice, definitely seems to be the market leader at the moment, can’t wait for Melodyne 5 :wink: hehe