Rhythm slashes and notation in same bar

I would like to use Rhythmic slashes AND notation in the same bar…without having to keep having to hide rests etc etc… Can anyone help me on this please…if I change voice I end up with rests everywhere…I want to use rhythmic slashes and notation in the same bar. Selecting 'normal notes changes all rhythmic slashes to normal notes, changing ‘note head’ doesn’t do anything…

Hope someone can help…

You’ve got various options, including inputting notes into a slash voice and removing excess rests (I’ve assigned a key command for this) or changing the noteheads of only selected normal notes.

Thanks…The changing noteheads does nothing at all - is this a ‘bug’ or oversight?
So would I be correct in assuming the only way is to change voice and then have to hide the rests every time I want to do this? But then I am unable to connect the stems as in the diagram… Is it not possible to do exactly what is in the pic I uploaded?

I think I found the way…I need to input notes (B) then turn the heads into oversize slashes…

Yep, was just typing that when you posted …

1 Like

Yes, if you want them in the same voice, input them into a “normal” voice then change the notehead. As that linked page says, changing notehead style doesn’t apply to slash voices.

1 Like