Right Button menu is gone?

The main ones that spring to mind for me are:

Move to origin
Detect silence
Insert silence
Delete time
Split loop

And yes, I use plenty of keyboard shortcuts already, but those commands in particular I got used to executing from the right-click menu, and I don’t like having my workflow arbitrarily changed by a piece of software I’ve invested a lot of money and time into.

Mart’s idea of having a search box open on right-click, with a list of commonly-used commands learned over time below it is a great, elegant solution.

At the very least, there should be a preferences section where we’re allowed to build our own context menu.

This seems to be becoming an increasing trend across a lot of software - developers trying to force people to use their product how they think they should be doing it, (and I’m not just talking about DAWs - for example, we’ve seen a lot of this lately with long-running game franchises implementing contrived mechanics to attempt to force players into a particular play style, to account for lazy gameplay mechanic/map design)

With a program as complex as Cubase, that’s used in so many wildly varying situations and setups, it’s really kinda ridiculous.

Just make it like it used to be, please.

Yes bring it back, and the option for the tools selection with right click without modifier please!

Bring it back bring it back… Dont take it away from me!

because you don’t know … What it means to me

:smiley:

Though I can’t honestly say the right click menu was the love of my life, it would be nice to have it back… At least as a customizable interface…

+1

Key commands are great, but making them the ONLY option for a function is just madness - there are so many functions and only so many key combinations a human being can remember!

There are some things that have become much more complicated, for instance - you are editing a midi part, you ctrl-select a bunch (not all) of the notes - now you need to fix the velocity or fix the lengths, how can you do this without a key command? There is barely anything useful in the right click menu when you click on a midi note - why?

It should have at MINIMUM -

Fixed lengths
Fixed velocity
Midi Logical Editor drop down menu like the main page

• in fact it should have all the same options that you have when you click on a midi region in the project window - that is a well balanced selection of tools for midi, they have included none of them in the right click menu for midi editor once you’ve opened it! If I need to apply these functions to a specific selection of midi notes in a region, then it becomes a massive pain and FAR more difficult then previous versions.

+1

There is a folder where all the Midi Logical Editor presets are stored as XML files and as you create more of them you can rearrange them in subfolders that make sense to your brand of brain …
To have that tree of presets available at a right-click of a mouse button would mean more than … 10GB of prefab loops haha! No, it would transform the entire program up a notch!!!
The best part is that it ought to be totally nonintrusive to the code that’s already there and it won’t call for three years worth of hi-tech audio research to develop …
Do a Nike … gather the kids and … just do it!

I feel this pain. I used to quickly use the MIDI menu from the right click to get to the logical editor on an event. Now I have to go up to the top menu…this is soooo annoying, they have tried to be too clever!

Yeah, just bring it back. Can’t be that hard.

MW

miss it too :frowning:

Am I the only one who used the right click menu to switch tools? I do a lot of writing/composing in cubase and being able to edit stuff and navigate with just one hand on the mouse without having to lean to get both hands over while holding a guitar/bass is very important. Having to reach over to the keyboard to hit a shortcut to change tools, or navigating to the menu up top, or holding ALT to get the toolbox, is a real workflow killer (not to mention endless menu diving that’s been added).

Been doing this for more than 20 years…using Cubase is getting harder :frowning:

It seems to be in the Inspector panel (left zone) when you are in the piano roll? I have attached a screenshot of what I mean and highlighted it red

+1.
Still possible (preference setting) but the toolbox is not resizable anymore, only one row now… which is not very handy for moving quickly to a tool…

Alt - Right Click… Booom! There it is… it’s a bit fiddly to use though. Looks like they haven’t removed the code entirely.

As an update to my previous response (which was pointed out by the response before mine…), yes it’s still there you have to go into Edit/Preferences/Editing/Tools and click in the top box. The toolbar will appear when you right-click.

I feel like a d i c k for not figuring it out before.

Please bring this back Steinberg, or at least give us a costumizable right click menu! There are a lot of things I’m missing in the new menu!

+1 “…while holding a guitar/bass”: also while playing a music keyboard in my case. Please don’t kill that mouse, I love it :sunglasses:

I’ve ALWAYS used right-click to flick between the tools, right from SX 3. Whilst I quite like the idea of the right-click menu being more streamlined (not that it bothered me anyway) I just don’t understand why they’d get rid of the tools on the top of the right-click menu.

Echoing many of you in this thread, it’s an absolute workflow killer. I reverted back to 9.5 currently until it gets sorted - I HOPE it gets sorted.