RIP Chris Squire

Another legend leaves the planet… :frowning:

RIP

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Too bad and too soon at 67! I think I’ve listen to Yes like forever and … Chris Squire’s time is up? :open_mouth: Unreal! :cry:

I will admit that the Bass is usually a “background” instrument to me, but I always enjoyed hearing Cris Squires unique sound and style and often listened specifically to him with the same focus as a lead guitar.
:cry:

“How can the wind with it’s arms all around me?”
Yes…

RIP Chris Squire

A great talent and innovator. With his biting sound and his wild, wide-ranging, fast-picking lines, Chris’ bass voice was every bit as important to Yes’ sound as Jon Anderson’s soaring vocals.

My condolences to Chris Squires’ family and friends.

In and around the lake / Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there / One mile over we’ll be there and we’ll see you / Ten true summers we’ll be there and laughing too…

Didn’t they have lead bass, lead drums, lead keyboards and lead vocals as well?
And Steve Howe wasn’t content with lead guitar so he played lead > leader > the leadest guitar!!! :laughing:
The soundtrack of my youth! :sunglasses:

when I read …

… I had to yell with a high pitched voice:
“I feel lost in the city!”
… and then I was covered top to toe with goose bumps. Music had another impact back then I guess. Maybe people nowadays have something else that I just don’t register? To me Music was the best …

Chris Squire did his best to fill the silence!

Man… memories of seeing these guys in Waterbury, Ct in the early 70s. RIP Chris.

Me and the wife just cranked up Roundabout in his honor. I still get goosebumps from the early “Art Rock” bands, in fact, I have difficulty speaking for a few moments after I’ve been moved by good music… the wife says that’s because my testosterone is leaving town! :blush:

By the way, has anyone seem my testoster… oh never mind. :unamused:

What an awesome bass sound Chris had… Damn, we’ll miss him. His inspiration and memory will live on in thousands of bassman/women hopefully.

RIP Chris… :frowning:

Yes played two concerts on two consecutive nights in Sydney in '72(?), 'went to both of them.

Joints were passed along the rows in the audience, ah, the good ol’ days…

RIP :frowning: .

RIP Chris :cry: :cry: :cry: more of my past gone.