RND Portico plugins future support?

I’d love to hear from some Steinberg staff regarding if there’s any future updates planned for the RND Portico plugins? I spent €400 on them last week - a large investment for 2 plugins - but I was quite disappointed to see how small and illegible the GUIs are. They sound great though, so it would be a shame if they never receive any updates again. What I think users would most appreciate would be:

1. Resizable GUIs on the 5033 and 5043.
  2. An option to hide the EQ graph display on the 5033.
  3. Apple silicon support.
  4. An anti-aliased EQ curve on the 5033.
  5. Low and high pass filters on the 5033 - although I’m aware these weren’t on the original hardware, so I’d be highly surprised if you add these.

Whether any of the above are added or not, I’m still a big admirer of these two plugins, but I’d greatly appreciate a response from a member of the Steinberg team regarding the above.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, an extra 6. request, PLEASE Steinberg make the portico plugins free from the eLicenser system, if you could do it with Cubase 12 why can’t it be done with the portico plugins!?

Today, the Portico 5033 and 5043 are the last products that I have who need the eLicenser, please, set me free from eLicenser !

I have given up on them. Still load them occasionally when I’m searching for “something”, but I have found other plugins which I go to more frequently at this point. Sad, really. These were the first “high end” plugins I ever purchased and was initially amazed by the quality. I got them at a sale/discount price at the time for the bundle, but it was still nearly the same cost as Cubase itself.

I can’t seem to find the topic I replied to awhile back where I told a potential purchaser to beware of the current situation. Hmmm … that person is probably happy at this point that he/she steered clear.

Anyway … great plugins - terrible communication/support from Steinberg on this one. I have a feeling not too many licenses were sold for these plugins and they are just hoping it will fade away into the sunset. There are probably complicated licensing issues involved with moving to the new Steinberg licensing.

I’m just going to forget about them when it comes time to do a fresh OS install unless (hopefully) I am proven wrong and updates do indeed take place.

:neutral_face:

I hope they’ll get updated.
But I believe they will need to fix the weakness of their new licensing system first.

steinberg on “Mute” state.
no explanations or any info for users bought those over priced plugins !
its a shame

1 Like

“steinberg on “Mute” state.
no explanations or any info for users bought those over priced plugins !
its a shame”
+1

I agree that we need an update on this. Too large of an investment to let it go at this time.

2 Likes