Rolling back to previous version

Could anyone tell me how to roll back to 4.0.2?

Do you have a backup? If so, you could just restore the app.

Is there a problem with the latest build?

Did you see there was a hotfix to 4.0.31 yesterday? It fixed the insert bug if thatā€™s what you need to work around.

Thanks guys. No , itā€™s something else. I donā€™t have a backup; hoping for a direct download link.

In Windows itā€™s easy: uninstall Dorico and reinstall the previous version. (Similarly in Mac, I presume)ā€¦

I usually store it, but not this time unfortunatelyā€¦

Iā€™m Windows 11. I donā€™t see any place to install previous versionā€¦

As I wrote, you must have saved a copyā€¦
The last I have is D4.0.30.1059 & SDA VAE 5.0.20.122
Tell me where I can send it to youā€¦

Dan, you are making me nervous. :slight_smile: Can you tell, why do you want to go back?

Sorry to be cryptic. I donā€™t want to make a mountain out of a molehill, itā€™s just a small thing related to nudging lyrics that has changed slightly in 4.0.3 (Alt-L/R is a larger offset than it used to be, it seems), and thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing 8 hours a day these days, so I want to go back to 4.0.2 for now. Itā€™s a minor thing, probably just me.

Someone sent me a direct link to 4.0.2, so Iā€™m good to go. Thanks all.

1 Like

Have you tried alt-shift-ctrl-right/left? Itā€™s super tiny :wink:

Yes, itā€™s much too small for most adjustments though.

I find the four nudge increments you get with various key combinations in v.4.0.31 to be unchanged from v.3.5 ā€” 1/32, 1/8, 1/2 and 1 space. I see the 4.0 User Guide now has a whole section on Properties, on one page of which these are listed.

This is a nice discussion, and prompted me to want to know what the nudge options are actually doing. Iā€™m On the Mac, but wonder if itā€™s the same on Windows; (substituting ā€œcontrolā€ for ā€œcommandā€), I notice the properties panel shows:

alt-command-right/left moves by ā€œ1ā€
alt-shift-right/left moves by ā€œ1/2ā€
alt-shift-cmnd-right/left moves by ā€œ1/32ā€

So, using 2 of the last combination will get you ā€œ1/16ā€,
and 4x will get ā€œ1/8ā€.

Dan, would creating Stream Deck shortcuts for these make nudging quicker?

I donā€™t use a Stream Deck for these any more, though I used to use it for that; Iā€™ve mapped these to Q, W, E, and R. Q and R are Cmd-Alt L/R, and W and E are Alt-L/R. Works like a dream.

@Mark_Johnson, Iā€™m afraid thatā€™s not correct. In Dorico 3.5, Alt-L/R moves lyrics by 1/8, and in 4.0.31, it moves by 2/8. Iā€™m not talking about the dialog box, but the actual nudging of the lyrics graphically.

EDIT: darn it, itā€™s changed to 2/8 in 4.0.2 as well. I guess I was still running 4.0.0 previously. Anyone have a link to 4.0 they could share with me? Edit again: thanks Craig!

Sorry; I had tried it myself in both versions, but nudging Shift-X text rather than lyrics. Now I reproduce what you said: Alt moves lyrics Ā¼ space instead of Ā¹ā„ā‚ˆ.

@dspreadbury, could the keyboard command be getting doubled somehow? Or was the increment actually changed?

Another observation: When I Alt-ā†‘/ā†“ in the Offset X spin box in Properties, the lyric moves Ā¹ā„ā‚ˆ space L/R. This could be a workaround, and it could be a clue to the problem.

Iā€™ve tried the new 1/4 nudging for a day, but itā€™s a no-go for me. Itā€™s just too large of an increment; itā€™s impossible to place lyrics where I want them. Every adjustment feels like itā€™s overshooting.