"Romaneros" instrumental Cover

A Greek instrumental Cover “Romaneros” By: Stavros Pazarentsis

Made with cubase 12 some VSTi and live clarinet violin and bouzouki
(mixed with Headphones on the move)
{EDIT: Switched the original video link, it was muddy by recording to OBS mistake}

2 Likes

Really great @mozizo! I like the way you do things. Just a question. In your Master Chain, what would you replace FIRETHECLIP with if you didn’t have it?

1 Like

Thanks @Rene_L
i actually didnt use to use clippers that much, but i saw a youtube video from produce like a pro with Marc Daniel Nelson (which i couldnt find right now to link)
he did an experiment and showed that using clipper before the final limiting has less distortion on the overall master when aiming for more loudness.
i didn’t experiment with it that much but i used that tip ))
i also have the old T-Racks clipper so i would use that also. if it sounds OK to me i leave it if not its out

OK, thanks! I’m going to experiment with this thing myself, starting with Steinberg’s SoftClipper. The idea is interesting.

1 Like

Really interesting track. Sounds really good to me.

1 Like

That’s some fun music! I really like the way you do your videos to show what is going on in the project.

That T-Racks Stealth Limiter is pretty sweet. I know a lot of people like to rip on T-Racks, but a few of their plugins are really good.

1 Like

i got the IK multimedia studio bundle some years ago, some off their stuff i use. that’s a
lot in the bundle, including T-Racks , Amplitube 5 some instruments etc…

1 Like

Yeah, I just upgraded my MAX bundle from 2 to 3.5. I had some old “Jam Points” to use, so it was only $70. I couldn’t resist. I’ve been an AmpliTube user for years. There really is a lot of good stuff in that bundle. Anyway, kind of off topic I guess :upside_down_face: .

1 Like

Wow! Impressive work on this. It’s quite the lively tune too in a nicely Aegean way. I’m way behind where you are in your Cubase skills set, so I can’t address some of what was mentioned above. What I will say is that I really liked your “rhythm section”. I’ve not heard too many softsynth bass and drum combos that sounded so “real”. That was very nicely executed. Nice mix too for something that implies it was all the result of headphones.
I liked this.
John

1 Like

Thanks.

i heard it it yesterday on studio monitors and i find that the headphone “cheated” on me on the low end, the mix (master) sound to me with over bass and muddy,(what do you think ? )
ill try fix it so the low end will be more clear and punchy.

Wow !!, now i notice the the difference of the original mix exported and the YouTube version is very different . the YouTube version is very smeared compared to the export from Cubase which is much clearer and punchier. i need further investigate why its like that , either its the youtube algorithm that change the sound or the Recorded sound and video directly from cubase to OBS Changed the sound !! :thinking:

EDIT update: the cubase to OBS recording have the problem, maybe the settings on OBS !! need to check

Final update and verdict :upside_down_face: My mistake, in the video i see now that i left the CLA NX plugin activated when recorded the project to OBS …!! that explains the smeared bass and sound i have noticed, on the exported file from cubase the CLA NX is not included cuz its on the Control panel insert (as it should be) and the exported sound is good :nauseated_face:

“Romaneros” instrumental Cover

A Greek instrumental Cover “Romaneros” By: Stavros Pazarentsis

Made with Cubase 12 some VSTi and live clarinet violin and bouzouki
(mixed with Headphones on the move)
{EDIT: Switched the original video link, it was muddy by recording to OBS mistake}
{posting again, link was removed from YouTube and i can’t edit the OP here anymore ! )

I like Greek music in the first place so this one hit’s the spot. Very lively with beautiful melodies as you might expect from the Greeks.
I’m so old I remember Zorba the Greek when it was new, that’s probably what sparked my liking of this ethnic style.

Thoroughly enjoyable, thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

on every gig i have with a band that plays Greek music , we play the main theme from the movie “Zorba”
maybe its time for me to watch the movie too :upside_down_face: