Routing multiple input tracks in cubase

Hello!

I selected all my channels, then holded Shift key downs and selected output channel 1. Then it went from one to 20 as I wanted.
The same thing doesn’t apply for imputs. I holded down shift, shift + alt, shift + command.
Nothing works.
I don’t want to manually route all my inputs.

Not sure what’s different in your setup from mine, but here that does work.

Maybe try a different order of holding keys and mouse clicks.

That one works.
But I want that I select all the tracks. press some buttons and Audio 01 will be in 1, Audio 02 will be in 2 and so on…

Sorry, you I misunderstand. The little video is simply documenting that the process does work.

I held Shift+Alt while multiple tracks are selected, and changed the input routing for all selected tracks at once.

Please be precisely specific about the steps you take and the result.

If I read it correctly, I think OP is trying to assign the tracks to sequential inputs (not all the same) – i.e. the first selected track listens to input1, the second one to input2, the third one to input3, etc.

2 Likes

Oh yeah?

Oh. Oops. Well I’ll leave it for posterity. Wouldn’t want anyone to think I’m perfect.

1 Like

No need to worry about that here…

If the OP wants Input 1 going to Track 1, Input 2 to Track 2, etc. it seems like setting it up once manually & saving that as a Template would work.

1 Like

Actually, it did work with just Shift held down.

So maybe for @Saamuel_Pedosk case the Tool Modifiers are not at default, or the order of the mouse-click and modifier key should be reversed

1 Like

I set Tool Modifiers to default. Shift key still doesn’t do the job.
Sorry, English is not my native language so it’s maybe hard to understand my needs.
I want that Audio 01 would be in 1 and Audio 02 be in 2.
With channels outputs Shift key works but it doesn’t work with inputs.
I wanted to add youtube link here for my problem but I can not add it for some reason!

Yes, I have understood. And to show that it works, I created a short video showing this in my previous post.

In regard to the modifier key, I think there is no way to configure one, so Shift is correct.

However, you have not mentioned what version or Cubase product you use, nor your OS and System info.

I have Cubase 12 and it’s on Macbook Pro

I have the same issue on macbook pro. I can set track outputs in ascending order using SHIFT, but it does not work for inputs. Any of modifier keys and combinations does not work for input.

But then i found that all my inputs was set as mono but my tracks was stereo. I switched tracks to mono and SHIFT works fine.