RU12: Extremely Low Input Volume

Hi there!

I have an RU12 USB Audio Interface hooked into my computer through USB. The mic that I’m using is a AKG D5 Vocal Dynamic Microphone. I’ve installed the drivers that come with the RE12 but noticed the audio levels are extremely low. The only way to get any audible levels recording onto my desktop is to dial the Input Gain up to max but that feels wrong as I should be able to use that dial to make fine adjustments before recording. Updating the drivers with the latest version (V1.9.9) from this website did not change the results I am getting.

The Steinberg drivers don’t seem to give me any control over the input level so I’m wondering if there is any other audio software that I need for this hardware to work properly. I’ve gone into the “Recording Devices” panel in windows but that volume is already at 100%.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Windows 10
RU12 USB Audio Interface
Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.9.9
AKG D5 Vocal Dynamic Microphone

I’m still having issues with this interface. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks for the reply!

I also end up having to adjust settings inside my software to get audible levels but this mic/interface is used for video calls and other things as well where I can’t do any post processing so there is nothing I can do if it is too quiet. Also, I’m worried that I’m compromising the quality of the recording by amplifying the volume in post.

If anyone else has thoughts on this, I would really appreciate hearing from you! I’m happy with this interface in general but this problem is critical so if it persists, I’ll have to return the product.

I’m having the exact same problem. How do we get an experts opinion on here? I’ve been stuck with this issue for months!