Sample drag & drop not working in Live

Hello,

I just updated to the last 2.3.0 version and the drag and drop sample is not working anymore for me in Ableton Live 12, even if the ‘Sample Import When Dropping’ is checked on in the Sample functions option. Previous versions used to work without hiccups, but this last version can’t for me, no matter what I try.

Is it a known issue for Steinberg or anyone?

Thank you!

Hi @RedFog,

we are already aware of this issue. Since the latest update for Live, drag&drop is no longer working for all our instruments.

Our devs are already looking into the issue. As soon as we find a solution, we’ll let you know.

Thank you,
Jan

Aaah ok! Thank you for the quick response :grinning_face:

Do you think it will be possible to reply here to this thread when an update with the fix is available?

Hi @RedFog,

I’ll do my best to inform you here. Since I will be the one to test it, I should remember. :wink: Did you get in contact with Ableton as well?

Cheers,
Jan

Or, what is the best reliable way to see and follow the updates for Padshop? I never receive any email or anything when it’s updated.

About Ableton, no I haven’t contacted them as I thought it was at the roots an issue with Padshop/Steinberg itself since all other plugins I use requiring drag & drop for sample import work flawlessly. Padshop is the only one having this issue.

@Jan_Riesener: don’t hesitate to get in touch if you guys want to test a fix candidate for the drag & drop sample issue in Live 12 before releasing it. Would be glad to help :slight_smile:

That’s very bold of you.
:grin: