Sample Editor/ Key Editor Windows.

I find that when working im constantly having to either find my Sample Editor/Key Editor Windows… of course by just double clicking on the Event the window will be pulled up…

This leaves me with sometimes dozens of Windows open… I’ve grown accustomed to moving my project to the side to discover Edited windows that i have to close. This is annoying and i have suspicions about ram consumption (but i guess thats besides the point)…

Is there a way for cubase to automatically close these windows besides having to click the “x”… Often i forget to close them myself because i simply click on the project and it gets “swept under the rug”.

Or perhaps setting a permanent location for all Editor windows…maybe on the the bottom right side of the project(for example)? Workspaces?? i looked into this as well as trying to just monitor using the Windows tab…

Is it available to save a permanent workspace where the Key/Sample editor windows automatically open in on particular location? i tried this… didnt work for me.

Any ideas or solutions would be much much appreciated !! :smiley:

I use [command] + W on a mac.

I also have a mac and this brought me to “save as” function…

What does this do for you?

The default setting for Command+W is to “close”. The "Save as " command is something else by default. Open the Key Command screen and see what’s going on. Maybe you changed an assignment.