Sample rate and pitch changes with VI's - assistance needed

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. Can someone please assist me with an issue I’m having with my virtual instruments changing pitch when I change samples rates from, let’s say, 44.1k to 48k. I didn’t have this issue before I updated to 8.5. I realize that sample rates affect pitch, for the life of me I cannot remember how to make it go back to how it was before where my VI’s pitch stayed at a constant A440 no matter the sample rate. Hopefully I explained things correctly.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

I’m noticing my vsts are becoming out of tune in mid song. I have no idea why. I installed and still run the basic rates. 24 44.1

I’m certain that my problem is an easy fix- c’mon you Cubase experts, help a brother out. :slight_smile:

Your interface setting has to match Cubase.

You will typically see this behaviour using the “Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver” or “ASIO4ALL” to an audio interface.
If you are using the built in audio interface on your computer you need to first set the sample and bit rate through the Windows System Audio Recording Devices area in Windows first and then match that sample rate and bit depth in your DEVICES and PROJECt SETUP in Cubase (and don’t alter in Cubase without matching in Windows and restarting)

Most USB, FireWire and Thunderbolt audio addon interfaces will change the sample rate and bit depth to match your Cubase settings when using their current ASIO drivers.

A VSTi exception being the NEXUS2 sample player which only seems to read the project sample rate and bit depth setting at load. If you change the sample rate and bit depth with that VSTi loaded you need to save, close and then reload the project for the correct settings to be applied to that VSTI.

1 Like