Sample Rate project setting issue

Hi

I have recently purchased 2018 IPad A10, currently running ios12. I am unable to set a project to 96khz in cubasis. Every time I try, I keep getting an error code, stating 48k is the max it can run because of hardware limitations or app interference. I have included a screenshot of the message as an attached file.
I have used cubasis, recording at 96khz/24bit with a much older IPad in the past and never had any issues. I recently tried the older iPad model again and that isn’t allowing me to record at 96k now either.

I have tried running cubasis on its own (without any other apps open) and have even deleted music apps on my iPad that may be blocking it. I have a lot of memory on the iPad itself so I don’t think that’s the issue.Still no luck.

Is this a bug?

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your message.
A dedicated (class compliant) hardware device which truly supports 96 kHz is required, to run 96 kHz projects with Cubasis.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to be clearer on my point above, all I’m doing at the moment is recording midi from the instruments in Cubasis and freezing them for use in Cubase on my laptop. I’m not Connecting external devices or using inter app audio or anything that perhaps wouldn’t support 96k. I’m just using the midi library within cubasis, and it is still not allowing me to record at 96k.

This seems odd as it has always allowed me to do this until recently.

Sorry about that, I should have been clearer. Can you be of any further assistance?

Thanks

David

Hi David,

The iPad devices do not support 96 kHz by themselves, which is the reason why you are unable to choose this sample rate.
To run Cubasis in 96 kHz requires a class compliant audio interface, supporting 96 kHz.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars