Sample rate setting interaction between Cubasis 2 & Cubasis 3

I have both Cubasis 2 & 3 installed on a 12 inch iPad Pro 2018, connected to a MOTU M4, with projects set to record at 48 khz (when previously using Cubasis 2). Since I installed Cubasis 3 and then went back to Cubasis 2 I noticed the sample rate had been switched to 44.1 khz (in Cubasis 2) and when attempting to switch back to 48 khz I got an error saying ‘either hardware not supported or an app is blocking…’ - at this point I got this error when trying to switch to 48 khz in either Cubasis 2 or 3.

After trying various things to work out what was going on, I observed the following consistently;

1. Reset OS network settings
  2. Start either Cubasis 2 or 3 and am able to record as 48 khz no problem
  3. Then open the other version (either 2 or 3 depending on what I did for step 2)
  4. From that point onwards, I’m stuck at 44.1 khz with the same error in either version when attempting to change sampling rate.

It seems if I go through the steps above, and stick to one version without touching the other one, I can use all sampling rate options ok, but as soon as I run the other one then both end up stuck as 44.1 khz.

I should probably just stick with Cubasis 3 from now on but it would be nice if I could still use Cubasis 2 as needed without having this issue to fix each time.

Hi bean7

Perfect detailed problem description !!! :smiley:

I noticed the sample rate had been switched to 44.1 khz (in Cubasis 2) and when attempting to switch back to 48 khz I got an error saying ‘either
hardware not supported or an app is blocking…’

Yes, that’s right.

If you have an app running that accesses a certain sample rate e.g. 44 khz and you want to switch to 48 khz in another app, you must always close the 44 khz app first. It is not possible to run two apps with cubasis at different sample rates at the same time.
This is not possible with connected hardware and other apps that can set a sample rate.

On the iPAD eg. Pro 10.5 it is little bit different, here you can operate cubasis 2 with 44 khz and cubasis 3 with 48 khz simultaneously and vice versa, but only if you have no hardware connected. This is not possible with iPADs that internally offer only 48 khz as standard sample rate.

best regards
Jan