Samplerate rate could not be set

I keep getting the message (Samplerate could not be set. This may be due to the sampleclock being set to external sync) im using Edirol UA25 and have never come across this before or made any changes to my device setup… it used to be running at 44.1 and now its 96 what the hell?
I went into the device set up and the AISO driver is still set to Edirol… now when i click on Edirol from the drop down menu on the left i can see (Clock Source) on the top right but when i click on it theres nothing there…but just a tick on the drop menu.
Can someone please help ASAP

Why have you set the sample clock to external?

Have you looked at the project setup dialog?

I didn’t set it to external…i actually didn’t do anything…it was just like that the next day when i opened my project. Its really annoying, how do i correct this? i have work to do and cant do anything at the moment.
would it help if i uninstalled and re-installed my Edirol sound card?
I did it for cubase but it hasn’t made any different.

Hi K79. I had a similar problem with my Zoom H4 interface. I found the solution was to select Devices - Device Setup - VST multitrack, then re-select the relevant ASIO (Zoom in my case). I then got ‘Internal’ clock source indication back and interface now working again. Don’t know what caused failure in the first place, but that seemed to sort it out for me.

Try this:
After opening the project (with “could not set sample rate…” message) than press OK.

Than go to your Audio Card Control panel, and set sample rate to your previous setting (example 44,1 HZ).
Then Cubase will show a message "sample rate is changed to 44,1 Hz), than press Save.
Then if you open new project (or older) it will stay with this sample rate.
It worked for me.

This is not an error condition. It is an informational message. I agree that it is not a very clear or accurate message. It is telling you that the currently detected samplerate does not match the samplerate that was set in the project when it was last saved. Cubase does not directly control the audio sample clock rate of the audio device. The audio clock rate is set on the audio device either using physical switches or buttons or via a software control panel. The computer operating system driver for the audio device (typically an ASIO driver) reads and detects the currently set clock rate on the audio device. If the detected clock rate does not match the rate that was in use when the project was last saved, this message is displayed. I use a Roland EDIROL FA66. This has a physical switch to change the sample clock rate. The FA66 must be switched off, the rate changed, and switched on again, in order to change the clock rate. In MAC OSX there is a software utility to detect and configure Audio and Midi devices. This will also show the current clock rate set on the device. If I change the sample clock from 44.1 to 48 after saving and closing a project, when I open the project with the rate set to 48, this message is displayed. Because Cubase does not directly control the changing of the clock rate, there is no easy way to know what samplerate was set in a project when the new rate is different and this message is displayed. I always include a reference to the samplerate in the project title when I save it (for example NightJack48k.cpr) I also put a reference to it in the Project Notepad. So take note; This message will always be displayed if the current samplerate set on the audio device is different to the rate that was in use when the project was saved. Once the samplerate has been set correctly and the project has been saved, as long as the audio device rate is not changed, the message will not be displayed when you next open the project.

For windows users,
close cubase/nuendo
then go to control panel-sounds-(find ur audio interface and select)-properties-advanced. Here u can change the sample rate
Then open cubase/nuendo.

Enjoy…:grinning: