Save as dialog box opens as i play notes on midi keyboard or drumpad

Hi there,
I have a really annoying issue in my Cubase Artist 11: as i play notes on my midi keyboard (i’ve tryied in 2 different ones with the same behaviour) or on my Maschine 2, some notes call the “Save As” dialog box.
It is really annoying and keeps happening all the time.
Thanks in advance for your help.

You must have set up a Generic (or other) remote.

Have a look in Studio Settings

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try to do so.

Didn’t work. :flushed:

What exactly didn’t work? If you need help, you must understand that your respondent (me) cannot see your screen, nor read your mind. (but I’m working on the latter.) :wink:

Whenever I play a C4 on either of two attached midi controller keyboards the Save as… box dialogue opens in Cubase 10.5 Pro.

I can’t find any reason for this but it’s a big problem as you can guess…

I’m also getting some random notes generated which play continuously until the key is pressed again. This is not restricted to one note…

Any thoughts on what’s causing this before I lose my mind?
Thanks in advance.
John

Could it be

In my case, it happened when on Studio setup / mackie control panel I set the MIDI input to ‘Code 49’ accindentally instead of ‘MIDIIN3 Code 49’
so I think when the input was set to Code 49 (the name of the keyboard) it recieved other singals too.
So some setting problem like this could be the case with other midi devices producing exactly the same problem.

hi, i just started to experience the same problem. does somebody fixed ?