Save FX Chain Preset (Bug?) N8.2

Hi,
I have tested the new Nuendo 8.2 all seems to working well here since yesterday, i have only noticed maybe a bug in the FX Chain Preset area.

It don’t happen all the time, it’s when i create a new “FX Chain Preset” (Insert chain) by saving them, some FX Chain are saved and can be loaded without problems but sometime after a preset is save nothing happen when i try to load them as FX Chain Preset, no plug-in are inserted.
The new preset are save normally with no error message, it’s when i load them that sometimes nothing happen.

At the beginning i thought it was due to the numbers of plug-in inserted or for different thirds party vst compatibility.
I tried with different plug like UAD(Jibridg), D16, SoundToys, CableGuys, combined in many different way and it seems not to be a particular plug-in company, it happen randomly, but maybe more often with “heavy” chain effect with more than 5 to 6 effect.
What is strange is that when i close and reopen Nuendo, some chain that i was not able to save correctly are suddenly causing no problem, saving and relaod them without problem.

I did my test also with empty Nuendo template with no plug-in inserted, maybe i was thinking of a Windows limitation but no.

The good thing is if i use Track Preset instead of FX Chain Preset for some of the problem chain preset it seems to working well, iam able to save and reload my plug-in chain. :slight_smile:

So maybe some other users notify this problem when loading NEW preset.

Over all iam happy with this update and the new features, thks !

can’t load fx chains either

I have the same problem!

There is a hotfix coming which solves this problem.

Fredo

Ah great. Thank you Fredo.

PS: Will the same hotfix be coming to Cubase Pro? I have the same issue there.

Hi Fredo,

Could you point me out to the specific JIRA issue number, please? I can’t find it out. Thanks.

Was this issue addressed in the last Nuendo update? If so, when will it be addressed in Cubase?

Hi,

Sorry, this has not been fixed yet.

Fredo?

Hello?