Save to MediaBay - Midi

Firstly, I bought Cubasis even though I thought I would ever prefer it to my beloved ios midi editor, ModStep. While I still love ModStep dearly I have found the hidden beauty of Cubasis, esp due to the amazing 2.1 update. Midi editing inside Cubasis is fantastic. OK here we go!
I want to make midi tracks/sections that I can reuse in other projects and can find no way to save them, easily, like you can with audio (open editor on section and then click on “Save to MediaBay”)
This option could well be present but I havent found it in the manual and in the forums the only option is using mixdown which mixes the whole project. I was hoping that I might be able to drag either a midi section or failing that drag a mixdown midi file to the MediaBay but no.
To highlight I would like to show you my workaround.
Create a project with some midi data in a number of tracks.
Highlight the section of midi I want to save then copy it with the toolbox copy button.
Start another project and paste the midi, then mix down the project.
The mixdown now has the midi I want to put into the mediabay but I cant get it from here to the mediabay
I now have to drag it to share then export and import it from, for example AudioCopy. Now its where I want it.

Please tell me Im doing something wrong or that this will be addressed in a future version. Id so like Cubasis to be my one stop Midi shop.
Thank you for an amazingly good ios app. A real pleasure using it.
Kind regards,
richtowns

Hi Richtowns,

We have two workflows to copy an midi event from project A to project B :

Workflow 1 :

• Create a project with some midi data in a number of tracks.
  • Select the midi event you want to copy it.
  • Hit the “Copy” button
  • Open the target project you want to paste the copied midi event
  • Select the target midi track and reposition the cursor where you want to paste the copied midi event
  • Hit the “Paste” button

Result : The midi event from project A was copied into the project B and placed exactly on the slected midi track on the current cursor position.

Workflow 2 :

• Create a project with some midi data in a number of tracks.
  • Create an midi mixdown

Result : All project A midi files are saved into one midi file wich was available inside the mixdown folder and it is named as the project name

• open the target project B
  • move the midi mixdown file to the midi track or double tab the midi mixdown file

Result : All midi files from project A are paste separately in and under the selected midi track in project B

best Jan

Ok, well that is one way of working. Thanks for the reply and the workaround.
Its just that the MediaBay does seems to be seen, in Cubasis, as a repository for projects and audio clips but midi, no. Like midi is an afterthought.
How would you get midi clips from a project into the MediaBay without exporting and importing?
All things considered, Im loving using Cubasis its a great product and I really enjoying using it. Well done

Hi Richtown,

How would you get midi clips from a project into the MediaBay without exporting and importing?

Sorry, it isn’t possible, make sense to support this uscase.

I made an request entry in our future feature list :

CB-3712 “Save as” midi events into the Media(Bay)

best Jan