Saving updated Dorico Elements 4 user files

I would be very grateful for some help please.

Having made some changes and additions to the libraries of chord diagrams, and know I’ll have more to do. I’m concerned not to have to redo them if , for example, I have to install Dorico from scratch. Does anyone know if it is possible to save such user amended files in Elements (I’m guessing there must be others) and if so, what are they called and where will I find them?

Regards
Jim

You should back up the Dorico 4 folder in your user-level application data folder. On Windows, you’ll find this folder in %APPDATA%\Steinberg. On Mac, you’ll find it in /Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg. This folder contains pretty much everything you can customise in Dorico, so provided you keep that backed up, you will be able to restore your settings in future.

Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful response - as always!

I will certainly keep this folder backed up. I am a windows user and %APPDATA%\Steinberg takes me to the Dorico 4 folder in the Roaming folder. On looking through the files there (and perhaps I’m trying to be too clever - but I must ask) the “application” files here refer to other files in the Temp folder, including the file “chordDiagramDefinitions-b9f7-3c6d.dtn”

Should I back this folder up too please?

Regards
Jim

You don’t need to back up anything inside any temporary folder. By its very nature, the temporary folder contains transitory data that you don’t need, and which can be overwritten or removed at any time.

Thank you again Daniel