Scale Assist Question

Hello,

I’m a fairly new Cubase user and I had a question about the scale assist feature. Because I don’t know music theory, I’ve often used the Komplete Kontrol scale modes but I have recently changed to using Kontakt which means I lose that functionality. I’ve read the manual for scale assist and I have tested it out but when I change scales, it doesn’t seem to change the audio so I had a few questions.

1. If I double click in each track to make a region and then select D minor for each one, then select “snap live input”, am I to assume that I will be playing everything in D minor scale correct? and if so, is it recording it D minor? The reason why I ask is that after I record something and then change that to another scale, it doesn’t change anything.
  2. This leads me to my next question, do I have to select “snap pitch editing” each time I change a scale?

I’m used to Komplete control, just set it once and if I want to change each track to a different scale, I just change it in the KK plugin. Not sure how to change the scale of each track in Cubase.

Thanks!