Scandinavian keyboard shortcuts

Hi there,

Congrats with the 1.0.10 release! However, working with a Norwegian Keyboard on macOS Sierra I still cant use some of the shortcuts provided by default. The button just right of my + is un-assignable for some reason. Searching the forum I had hoped this would be one the list of things to be addressed. Any news/workarounds?

Those are dead keys, which mean that they don’t produce an actual character when you type them: instead they produce a diacritic that needs to be completed by typing another alphabetic character afterwards. We can’t set key command for dead keys, I’m afraid. We continue to look into this to see if there’s something more we can do about it, but for the time being, you’ll have to avoid using dead keys for shortcuts.

After a lot of fiddling around, and trying out alternative shortcuts, I found a workaround! :smiley:

You can disable the dead keys through a program called Ukulele.

Instead of having ´ as a modifier key to allow ú, it now produces the ´ directly, which can be mapped in Dorico. After customizing the keyboard in Ukulele, in works natively in macOs, and I can easily switch between my new and old keyboard: