Score Ed: make chord symbols misses lots of chords

I’m just starting to use the make chord symbols function in the score editor. But when I select all the notes in a part and then tell it to make the chords, it only creates chord symbols for some of the chords and not others (~50%). None of these are unusual chords or inverted in anyway, just basic piano block chords. Cubase correctly shows every chord’s name when I put the cursor over it, so it recognizes the chords but for some reason it doesn’t create the symbols.

For example I have a 4 bar section that goes Dm7, Dm6, Dm7, Dm. For that entire sequence I get one chord symbol at the start for Dm7, all the rest of the chord symbols are missing. If I try to make guitar chord symbols instead, it does a better job and creates most of the guitar chord symbols - but even then a couple of the symbols are missing. The symbols that do get created are correct, but incomplete.

I looked in Score Settings, but nothing there looked likely although I suspect it is a setting somewhere.

… The symbols that do get created are correct, but incomplete.

I looked in Score Settings, but nothing there looked likely although I suspect it is a setting somewhere.[/quote]

I can only sympathize – very infuriating, since I had gotten good results the first few times – but now only two chords out of the first four in a 2-page lead sheet – and only the first chord is correct! Played close position triads and sevenths (which worked pretty well before), but now nothing. Also, I’m unable to select the chords and have them remained selected while I then get the melody track (onto which I want the chords) – so I would apparently have to make the chords first on a blank track, then copy & paste to the melody track?? Ridiculous waste of time.

I hadn’t noticed before, but yes you are right (when creating multiple chords).
However, the chord symbols that are “missing” will be created if you do them individually.

( :blush: I’ ve just checked it in Cubase 5.5.3 , and it does the same thing there… just goes to show how observant I am! :stuck_out_tongue: )