Score Editor documentation. "Quantize Preset" vs "Length Quantize" menus

The manual says:

Result
The selected note value is displayed in the Length Quantize field on the toolbar and reflected by the cursor shape of the Insert Note tool.

(Cubase_Pro_Score_12_Score_Layout_and_Printing_en.pdf — WebHelp Version)

Arguments:

1. “Cursor” should remain a word that refers to the project cursor.
    “Mouse pointer” is better.
  2. of the Insert Note tool” is redundant because clicking a note value in the extended toolbar automatically activates the Insert Note tool. There’s no need to specify that the cursor (mouse pointer!) is part of the Insert Note tool.
  3. “Quantize Link” (In Length Quantize field) is interfering with what the text says.

I would use this text instead:

The selected note value is displayed in the Length Quantize field on the toolbar and reflected by the mouse pointer shape. However, if Length Quantize field is set on Quantize Link, Quantize Preset field will instead be used for displaying the note value.

quantize p vs length q

1 Like

I would like to make a correction to your correction of the manual! :slightly_smiling_face:

“Quantize Preset” field cannot be set to Quantize Link.
So I would write: if Length Quantize field is set on Quantize Link …
(By the way I don’t understand your #3 in your arguments)

This is the first point.

Secondly, your remark led me to the fact that there is no mention and explanation of the “Quantize Link” option and its function in the online and pdf help for the Score Editor. So the last part of the text you suggested is indeed beneficial to the Score Editor manual.

And finally, “mouse pointer” vs “cursor” … :woozy_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the correction. I’ve edited the post.

Well, if Length Quantize is set to Quantize Link, then the text in the manual appears to be incorrect, doesn’t it? This is why I said that it interferes with the text (as it is now in the manual).

Yes, a pointer “points”, so it shouldn’t look like a musical note. Nonetheless though, while “cursor” is a general term, “pointer” is more related to the mouse symbol. I don’t mind if you have a different opinion.

Thank you.

No.
As there is no mention of Quantize Link in the manual, nothing is incorrect (… so far). :wink:

I didn’t say the manual is incorrect.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Maybe start from the beginning?

I said “appears to be”.