Score Editor: I can't open any layout when the tempo track editor is open

Score Editor: I can’t open any layout when the tempo track editor is open.

Hi,

Are you sure the focus is in the Score Editor? Maybe video screen recording would help in this case.

Yes, or write a proper report using this guide: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=286&t=188766

Thank you for your feedback.

1. Create an empty project.
  2. Add a MIDI track.
  3. Draw a one measure MIDI part.
  4. Click on “Scores/Open Score Editor”.
  5. Close the Score Editor.
  6. Click on “Project/Tempo Track”.
  7. Click on “Scores/Open Layout”.
  8. Select the layout and hit “ok”.
    → Result = nothing happens.

Hi,

Are you sure the Scores > Open Layout menu item is enabled? The menu item should be disabled when there is no Score Editor open.

When I read your other current post about the Score Editor, I would say something is wrong with your Cubase Preferences. Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

After doing the 3rd step, make sure you don’t deselect the MIDI part. The “Open Layout” menu item is always enabled, if you have at least one generated layout; so I guess you’re talking about the first menu item in the “Scores” menu.

When I read your other current post about the Score Editor, I would say something is wrong with your Cubase Preferences. Could you try in > Cubase Safe Start Mode > [Disable preferences], please?

Thanks for the video. I tried the safe mode. It behaves the same: the Scored Editor won’t open if the Tempo Track editor is in focus (open).