Posted about this before, trying again to see if it gains some traction. Enabling both rhythmic notation and multi-rests on a score will crash the score editor with “Score Error 9,” and soon after crash the entire application if you try and open the score editor again. Happens in Cubase 10 and 11 over here, and two separate Windows machines.
- Create empty project
- Add a midi or instrument track
- Create a midi region and open the score editor. Switch to page mode.
- Select some bars in the score editor.
- Scores → Rhythmic Notation → Show Rhythmic Notation
- Open the score settings windows (Scores → Setings)
- Select the layout tab, and change “multi-bar rests” to “1.” Apply, and score editor will crash.
- Attempt to open the score editor again, and Cubase will possibly crash.
→ Result = crash
Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, I can confirm the bug.
Cubase also crashed for me after doing all the points as described.
However, the crash only happend in page mode of the note editor.
Cubase could only be closed via the task manager.
Could you attach the *.crash/dmp file, please? It doesn’t crash here for me. I get a message: “Score Error 9”.
Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps
I also had the error message 9.
The total crash happened after I wanted to start the score editor again
Here is the dmp.
Cubase 188.8.131.521 64bit 2021.5.27 184.108.40.2063.dmp (794.8 KB)
Thank you. Then this has been reported to Steinberg already.
I imagine it was reported a couple years ago, then? I feel like it’s been a bug us score users have been chatting about for awhile.
Anyway, it’s quite a bug…hoping it gets addressed soon.
Just re-reported this one.
Thanks. Classic bug right here!
By golly, I think they fixed it. They actually FIXED it!!!