Scoring documentation. Displaying the Concert Key

The manual says:

(Cubase_Pro_Score_12_Score_Layout_and_Printing_en.pdf — WebHelp Version)

I think a better title for this section would be:
Toggling between Concert Key and Scored Key”…

Just saying…

1 Like

This isn’t really actual English. :slight_smile: It sounds like it’s referring to the surface of the key that been cut or scratched.

Notated/Notation is the term used, at least in US English, which is better than UK English. :upside_down_face:

The word “Scoring” used in the tag here, is also not clear English in this way. I understand scoring to refer to the entire process of writing a composition, whether it’s notated or not, (though that never happens except in superman’s home planet where everyone has 100% recall of music they heard once, played by the composer), whereas notate refers to a more specific case, as in, “okay already! I’ll notate the part in your key, but then your’re fired.”

2 Likes

I appreciate you took the time to describe the perspective you have on the subject, but I feel you’re not commenting the title I suggested for that particular section of the scoring pdf manual (the title as a whole).

My comment was on the section title you proposed in this topic.

I think there’s a slight difference between the words suggestion and proposal. Anyway, thank you for clearing that up for me.

you must have a very thin knife to split hairs so finely! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Am I even in the position to propose anything? All I can do is suggest.

1 Like

… into quarters
:face_with_monocle:

1 Like