Scoring to Video requests

1. ‘Find Tempo’ is an amazing tool, but there should be support for changing tempos mid-flow, not simply setting one tempo at the beginning. For example, I might one one tempo for the first 20 seconds, and then a drastic tempo change, so I would need to be able to use ‘Find Tempo’ from that point on, and not just bar 1.

2. I would like to be able to set the start point for the flow and then watch the 5-10 seconds of video before that. I’ve been able to achieve a similar result by inserting a few blank bars at the beginning of the flow, but in recording sessions I want that music to start at bar 1. I did try adjusting the ‘Pre-roll’ settings in Playback Options, but that resulted in a frozen video. Video playback only seems to work if Pre-roll is set to 0.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, @JWink. I agree that both of these would be worthwhile improvements, and I hope we’ll be able to implement them in a future version.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel. Are you at all familiar with the now defunct Auricle Time Processor? For years it was THE tool for synchronizing to picture, and to my knowledge, nothing else comes close to it in terms of calculating and generating timings. But if you add the ability to run Dorico’s ‘Find Tempo’ function between any two points and adjust tempo mid-flow you will have come a long way in closing the gap!

2 Likes

I’m familiar with the Auricle by name and by reputation, but I’ve never seen it in action.

@JWink hello,
Pretty nice requests related to film scoring! :slight_smile:
I would add another one related to the tempo, because sometimes we could count it manually, which
actually brings more realism to the playback:

1. Logic Pro -like Smart Tempo. This would be also very useful feature. I would like to see it implemented in Dorico.
    SMART TEMPO - Logic Pro X 10.4 - DAW Tempo BPM follow YOUR TEMPO - YouTube

Best regards,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

1 Like