Screen flashes white on Windows

Aight! Its feature, not a bug!

Please get rid of features like this! I want the mixer and any other window to open immediately, without any fancy animations!
Creativity first!

Sitting in front of a 27" screen I can already tell you, that working for 10 hours a day with a full screen flash every time you open piano roll is just not going to end well. I’m a composer, not a photo model :wink:.

Please reconsider and take a look into this issue.

• Piotr

They should add the option to work with the Aero or not. but not just force you to use this thing. :blush:

Keep open the mixconsole and use instead CTRL+TAB to switch the windows.

I don’t close the mixerconsole. But I open midi editor for different events like 500 times an hour? That’s a lot of fullscreen flashing :/.

This is basically how it looks like.

• Piotr

subtle. haha.

+1 MacPro 10.9.5, While editing in key editor

I found a workaround for the piano roll/audio edit windows at least. I know, not all of you will be happy with it.

It seems that you HAVE to turn the “Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing” ON in Aero settings. There is no option to speed these up, so either that or deal with the white splash…

Closing/opening plugin windows still does this, but at least it’s not full screen. Mixer console - still flashes, but either it’s not white (rather grey), or it does so shorter.

• Piotr

This is so stupid. Every time I open the mixer, my 30 inch screen flashes like somebody was taking a picture with flash, reallly tireing for the eyes.

As I wrote above, now I’m used to keep the mixconsole open and switch with CTRL+TAB. Simpler and faster. After ten minutes, it becomes natural.

Im not getting why the support says that it’s the way its supposed to be… It doesnt do that in mac, also, if you open cubase 8 and turn off " desktop composition" while cubase is running it works normal as well but then other issues come up.

It’s all fun and games until someone gets an epileptic seizure from using Cubase. At least make the background black and not white or something. It’s nice that the GUI finally is getting some attention, but now it really needs some fine tuning.

This only happens to me when I press F3, which closes the mixer and then reopens it in front. Reopening means it has to reconstruct itself.

When I use Alt+Tab in C8, and the mixer is open in the background, it moves to the front as expected. It would be great if F3 could just bring the mixer to the front in the same way.

That is exactly how it used to be. There was a “bring to front” command for the mixer.
It didn’t close the mixer, it just brought it into focus. Many people complained and complained.
They never fixed it, and it has been years now. (Since Nuendo5/Cubase6 I think)
Since the mixer redesign anyway.
That is why I have to use the windows command (Control+Tab)

This one issue, and a few others, almost caused me to jump ship.
I mean, the mixer, probably the second most used window in the program and
they broke the key command. I still say this is a Nuage thing and that is why
they never fixed it. But that was denied.
What else could it be? Such a simple thing to fix.
Something that worked perfectly for years.
At the time, it almost seemed like they simply wanted to annoy the users.

White flash on F3 here.

For a quick fix, the yet to be drawn window can be filled with black instead of white.

A solution to make switching using F3 as fast and seamless as using Alt+Tab could be pre-loading the yet to be opened windows in the background.

I feel like a photo model in training. Blitz blitz. …

Are the new window handling really that clever? What convention are followed?

It seems a bit messy IMO. But what do I know… I just have to look at it :wink:

Are there any updates on this being fixed in a future build?

For whatever reason it worked as intended (without flashes) for a short while, and it makes a big difference in usability.

Hello,

It will be slightly improved on the next maintenance update, but not fixed yet, it has been postponed to later review.

Best regards,
GN